Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Beniston   28 June 2017

Buying a plot which is divided as 3 (2 original plots)

One of my friend came across a plot for purchase where the owner is selling his 2 plots (which  are registered in the same sale deed, I mean the schedule shows the combined values of the 2 plots) and the owner wants to divide this to 3 plots and sell. This is a B katha land in Bangalore and according to him and the layout society there are no issues as it can be divided  and registred with out any approvals from BBMP.
Can you please clarify if approval is required? Are there any legal complication in this bifurcation?

Learning

3 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     28 June 2017

Most likely it is true, as B khatha land doesn't come within the jurisdiction of BBMP, it would come under local jurisdiction. However, I’d advise you to acquaint your friend with the idea of purchasing A khatha land instead, as in the case of having possession of B khatha land, one cannot obtain a building license (i.e. for construction on land) or trade license and neither is one eligible to apply for bank loans.

B khatha land can be bought/sold without any problems, however the prospective buyers would be less for the reasons mentioned above. It can be converted to A khatha land but then again you will have to pay the betterment charges and property tax (the payment of which the owner in this case is probably attempting to escape.) Hope this helps!  

Beniston   28 June 2017

Thanks for your reply

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 June 2017

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil matters before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More