LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prabir Paul   21 May 2018

Brother not givin water line

I have 3 brothers. There is 2 house. I am living in separate house and my 3 brothers living in 1 house together. No partition done yet by us so there is 1 property tax bill. They have already taken water line from municipality. But they are not giving my water line from their line. 

Now what can I do? Is it legal as they are not givin me water line to me?

Awating for experts response.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 May 2018

Probably both houses were in same property and title was on the name of parents.

Isn’t IT!

And the title holder parent has deceased and property is not partitioned (equally) by boundaries.

The authority under whose jurisdiction property falls has a set procedure for such matters if NO WILL has surfaced; Intestate Succession…….and the prescribed forms, procedure, process is available in O/o Authority and even on website. Death certificates, legal heir certificate/affidavit (per local procedure-precedence) are basic requirements. Then authority shall act upon and transfer the ownership in the name of legal heirs. Obtain copy of updated mutations records showing share of legal heirs. This grants rights equal to that of owner to legal heirs.

Probably the property tax is also in the name of deceased parent.

If there is NO bar on more water connection then you may apply and take water connection in your name.

If the water connection is in the name of deceased parent/title holder then other brothers should not refuse to let take water which is otherwise essential. 

Simultaneously involve elders of the family, LOCAL MC councilor etc and resolve the problem

Or lodging police complaint, complaint with MC, engaging lawyer, approaching courts etc are the recourses you may have to pursue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register