LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SDP.......... (NA)     22 September 2015

Break opening house

Hello lawyers club, To explain in short, me n my husband lived separate in a house given by his father after wedding. He has a cruel step mother who didn't like us since beginning and created hell of problems. It aggravated n reached court cases, FIR ETC. finally the cases got closed after a year in court. Now we used to stay in ground floor of the same bldg his father stays. We had closed the house for some reason since we were scared to live n we stayed with my parents for a while. To my horror when we went today to get some stuff from house the house was break opened by father in law n step mother n already given to someone for rent... Is this legal as we had all our materials inside n now they have broken the house locks n given it to someone on rent.. Some days back when the court case was closed we moved some furniture a out of he house which were on rent to being in new furniture they have taken a video of it as well . Will they use it to show that we have emptied the house ?? Please help this is shocking for me n my husband.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

It appears that it is not your husbands house, but that of his dads, you people took out your stuff and shifted and locked the house, his dad saw no reason to leave it locked and gave it for rent to whomever he wanted, whats the big deal here?

If you could not adjust with inlaws, then better shift to some place which you have already done, now regarding video, as it shows you people shifting out the furniture, you cant even file a complaint that it was your property or that so and so property is missing that you had locked such property and went, later found that door broken and house given on rent to someone else, if you have valid VAT bills of some stuff you had left in the house, and if your father in law is not giving it back to you, you can file complaint in juristidction poilce statoin and ask them to return it, if not that also is gone, either wasy I suggest not to meddle with them now that you have shifted out of the premises, happy married life once again.

SDP.......... (NA)     24 September 2015

Hi,

Thanks for the post. But my only point is that when we had not surrendered the keys to the house since we had belongings inside. Is it judicial that one breaks open the house even though it is his own..?? There is no legal help to this ? Just because some furnitures were taken out he can break it open without even giving one single notice to his son?

Please clarify sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register