Manoj (bansal.mk@rediffmail.com)     16 February 2011

Bombay Shop & Establishment

Seniors, 

could you please guide in the below case;

Office opened in Mumbai : Year 2007

Employee strength: 2~4 person

Office Location: Mumbai near Powai

Business: only marketing office, No commercial activity from Mumbai office

Problem: our Shop and Establishment certificate has been expired in Nov, 2010, we forgetted to get it renewed,  Now in Feb, Can we renew it?

If yes, what will be penalty amount in this case?

What if Inspector proceeds for the court case and How risky our situation is and remedies?

Thanks,

Manoj Bansal

Learning

7 Replies

Reetu Dwivedi (Paralegal)     16 February 2011

Dear Manoj,

You must apply for its renewal. Suppose if an inspector approaches you have something to show him. Late fees charges you can get from your area ward office, generally there is additional fee as late fee equal to half of the fee payable for normal renewal of Registration Certificate.

Attached File : 25 25 form bpdf.pdf downloaded: 418 times

Manoj (bansal.mk@rediffmail.com)     11 March 2011

Thanks Surya Prabha

santosh (manager)     10 May 2011

hi..kindly guide me thru the shop and establishment act...we had incorporated our company in private scetor with directors on board in year 2004..but till date we havent applied for the certificate...as we have done now...i jus wanted to know is there any fine penalty which will be charged to us,and if yes then how much?as the inspector sais really vague figures..
i would appreciate if someone would guys us in this matter...reply will be appreciated...

Zulfikar (Owner)     11 December 2012

Dear Surya Prabhaji,

I am an Architect Having my office in Residensial flat (Entire flat is converted in to office). I have been told by many people that Architect is service provider and doesnot require to have Shop & Est. certificate.  Is this true?

Please guide.

ArG (a)     24 October 2014

Dears, 

Due to some unavoidable circumstances we have not renewed shop license since 9 years

How much would be the penalty and late fee ?

I have heard that officer ask to settle it via Court and amount of that charge is very high, Is this the case ?

Or we just have to pay the penalty, late fee and get your license renewed, Please advice

Location Mumbai,Malad

Many many thanks in advance for any advice

BR,

ArG

Rajesh Thakar   24 February 2016

Due to some unavoidable circumstances we have not renewed shop license since 3 years. How much would be the penalty and late fee ?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 February 2016

The Bombay Shops & Estbs Act and  The Bombay Shops & Estbs Rules are detailed and comprehensive and answer the queries.

The nearest  office of the authority may be contacted.

Avoid agents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register