Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar S (AAA)     28 January 2010

Birth place in Passport

Dear All,

I need to change my birth place in My passport as per birth certificate.Kindly let me know th procedures to change the name ASAP.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Kumar.S

Learning

3 Replies

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     28 January 2010

catch a local advocate. he will do everything for you. you have to file an affidevit, thereafter a  newspaper advertisement. on the basis of affidevit, & advertisement you claim the passport authority, to change the name accordingly.

vijayan (lawyer)     30 January 2010

Replies received so far are not correct. If a correction in place of birth or date of birth is to be effected in a passport , you can obtain a declaratory order from the Judicial Magistrate. Now there is some contraversy in, which forum is competant to pass a declaratory order,  whether a civil court or a magistrate. Mumbai and Kerala High courts clarified this point in some rulings.

It is suggested to give an application to the passport office to effect the change by giving the reason for the mistake committed in the passport. They can very well make changes in passport as per some latest circulars,by issuing a new passport by accepting the fee for new passport.

It is a surprise, why you want to change place of birth? In any matter, place of birth is not a mandatory criteria , if it is within India. If nativity is to be proved by any document, you will get a correct nativity certificate from the local revenue authorities other than a passport.

sara anjum (21)     19 May 2010

how much time would it take to change the place of birth in passport ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register