Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Family Law > Others > Birth place in Passport   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1

There are 3 Replies to this message

Kumar S

[ Scorecard : 28]
Posted On 28 January 2010 at 20:24 Report Abuse

Dear All,

I need to change my birth place in My passport as per birth certificate.Kindly let me know th procedures to change the name ASAP.

Thanks in Advance.




To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh

[ Scorecard : 1963]
Posted On 28 January 2010 at 21:45 Report Abuse

catch a local advocate. he will do everything for you. you have to file an affidevit, thereafter a  newspaper advertisement. on the basis of affidevit, & advertisement you claim the passport authority, to change the name accordingly.


[ Scorecard : 220]
Posted On 30 January 2010 at 23:00 Report Abuse

Replies received so far are not correct. If a correction in place of birth or date of birth is to be effected in a passport , you can obtain a declaratory order from the Judicial Magistrate. Now there is some contraversy in, which forum is competant to pass a declaratory order,  whether a civil court or a magistrate. Mumbai and Kerala High courts clarified this point in some rulings.

    It is suggested to give an application to the passport office to effect the change by giving the reason for the mistake committed in the passport. They can very well make changes in passport as per some latest circulars,by issuing a new passport by accepting the fee for new passport.

    It is a surprise, why you want to change place of birth? In any matter, place of birth is not a mandatory criteria , if it is within India. If nativity is to be proved by any document, you will get a correct nativity certificate from the local revenue authorities other than a passport.

sara anjum

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 19 May 2010 at 21:42 Report Abuse

    how much time would it take to change the place of birth in passport ?

Related Files

Previous Thread
Next Thread

Related Threads

Post your reply for Birth place in Passport

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login

Not a member yet ?? Click here to signup



  • This is a public forum. Avoid posting content which you do not wish to disclose in public.
  • Use thank button to convey your appreciation.
  • Maintain professionalism while posting and replying to topics.
  • Try to add value with your each post.

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Forum Home | Forum Portal | Control Center | Who is Where | Popular Threads | Today's Topic | Recent Posts | Today's Posts | Post New Topic | Thread With Files | Top Threads - Month | Unreplied Topics | Forum Stats

web analytics