LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Bigamy

Dear all as per consent terms,our mutual consent divorce on 2011 but later now i came to know that he was married under special marriage act in year 2004,our consent terms are pending in court,for which execution also is filed,pl.advise whether to file bigamy in highcourt or any other procedure( 498a,420 pending)

Learning

10 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     25 September 2016

your question is not clear. 

What is the status of divorce petition?

Which terms and conditions are pending?

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     25 September 2016

You mean your mcd happened on 2011 but he remarried on 2004 and he concealed his marriage , now you know about it and wants to file a case of bigamy, 498a,420 ipc. etc are pending , if you have the proof of the same with you then you can used it in your 498a, 420 ipc it is a good evidence to prove it , what terms and conditions you had agreed in your mcd may be one this - after mcd you both will not file any civil or criminal cases on each other , if it is so then used this evidence in the pending cases if this term is not there then file 494 ipc of bigamy against him .

(Guest)
Divorced was filed under section 13(1)and the petition was converted in Mcd in lok adalat consent terms were filed is sept 12.for which execution was filed in 2013. Consent terms were such as paying child education exp.giving lumpsum amount to me and transfer of property share to kid. Thanks.

(Guest)
Divorced was filed under section 13(1)and the petition was converted in Mcd in lok adalat consent terms were filed is sept 12.for which execution was filed in 2013. Consent terms were such as paying child education exp.giving lumpsum amount to me and transfer of property share to kid. Thanks.

(Guest)
To add to it time period also was mentioned of 30days to full fill terms only after full filing terms criminal case will be withdrawn was last term

(Guest)
To add to it time period also was mentioned of 30days to full fill terms only after full filing terms criminal case will be withdrawn was last term

(Guest)

KS Johal   25 September 2016

Because he was already married and concealed this from you since 2004. A case of bigamy may be suitable despite the fact that you have a child together and maintenance needs to be paid at the same time. A lump sum will also be honoured by the judge including maintenance. I think that you should go for both. The mutual consent divorce may not be applicable, since it will be treated as if the marriage did not take place at all. But you should still go for the lump sum and the child maintenance. You should also go for the share in property for the child.

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     26 September 2016

You marraige is void if he had married in 2004, file for bigamy.

Warm Regards,

Adv. Nitish Banka

(Guest)

Dear All Advocates,

i thank you very much except Mr martin as may be he has not understood my question that i was respondents first leaglly wedded wife & not a paramour( i am hurt by this word)

as far as property share he is transfering he is not doing any favours as entire down payment was done by me & also i am paying all loan instalments.This fact was not told earlier by me.Only mistake i did i bought the property on both name.

Thanks,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register