Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pooja (legal executive)     02 March 2010

Bank processing fee reimbursement

Dear all,

My client had availed the services of the bank for one of the schemes of the bank. The bank had well informed my client to deposit certain amount for as processing charges for the scheme to be allotted to my client which would be non-refundable. My client had deposited the amount as required by the bank for processing. During the processing, my client wrote to the bank cancelling the scheme and requested for reimbursement of the processing fee. The bank replied stating that the amount was towards the processing of the scheme and hence non-refundable. My client states that as it is a huge amount and when they have cancelled the scheme during processing itself, they are liable to get back the processing amount.

Now what stand can we take to get my cleint the processing amount. The processing amount is Rs.10 lakhs and when we have not availed that scheme and we had cancelled it, ,my clients are reluctant to get the amount forfeited as its a huge amount. We have decided to send them a legal notice. How do we go ahead ad prove our stand. We expect atleast part of the processing fee to be reimbursed as we have cancelled the scheme. Please guide me.

thank you

Learning

3 Replies

Daksh (Student)     02 March 2010

Dear Pooja,

I can make out that the stakes are really high as such you should be more than usual diligent hence it is suggested that you may try to procure the manual of the concerned Bank which details the inside do's and don't.  Thereafter  definately you will be in a better position to take appropriate decision in this regard - to go before Consumer Court - Ombudesman etc.

Best Regards

Daksh

pooja (legal executive)     02 March 2010

the manual clearly states that the fees apid towards processing the scheme cannot be reimbursed. but we had cancelled the scheme and had also given them in writing for cancellation. when we asked the money back, they say that money was towards processing and that processing was completed when we had made cancellation.

now how do we get back that money. i want to send them a notice with some strong stand from out side.

Daksh (Student)     02 March 2010

Dear Pooja,

It is evident from your post under reply that contractually you are on a weak footing but otherwise there is something called as unwritten policy.  The best way in this regard is to contact their marketing and customer care big wigs and try to impress upon them the genuiness of your reason and the quantum of loss you will be made to suffer for this inadvertant withdrawal from the scheme.    Albeit unwritten these institutions do have executive descretion -  before resorting to litigation try to work out cost benefit analysis in this regard as well.

Best Regards

God Bless

Daksh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register