LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Looking for answers (owner)     14 May 2015

Bank not keeping its part of agreement

My loan taken in Dec 2013 was classified as NPA in June 2013 due to various reasons. A senior manager from bank held a meeting with us and it was agreed that the loan will be restructured and i will pay a certain amount initially and later on it will be increased. Now , even after 8 months bank has not done the restructuring and kept on piling up the interest. Also, now they say that your account has become NPA and u have to pay the balance overdues , whereas I had been paying the agreed amount eveey month. Now , I need to know that , can i file a complaint in consumer forum against bank , as they have not kept their part of agreement, and it is causing me mental agony. Thanks in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     16 May 2015

1) do you have a written agreement from the Bank to the restructuring and its terms ? Are you  in compliance with the same ?

2) have you been sending written reminders to the Bank asking for their due performance per this agreement ?

3) have you got any reply from the bank ? Does the same support your contentions ?

If so, a complaint in the Consumer Forum may lie.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register