LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jasbir (dy manager)     03 June 2011

BREACH OF CONTRACT

I enetered into agrrement to buy a residential plot at Panipat, allotted by HUDA. The seller is GPA holder of Original Allotee and had purchased the plot 20 yrs back, and at the time of deal (4 Months Back) , conveyance deed was yet to executed.

Deal was settled and I paid Rs 20 K as token money. Broker made a receipt on plain paper and broker wrote in his hand following " Received Rs 20 K against Plot No 152 @ Rs XXXX Lacs. Expense of conveyance deed to be borne by buyer" This was signed by seller.

It is to be highligted that ithas not been mentioned that my name as buyer and complete address of plot was not mentioend in receipt. Now seller has get done conveyance deed wihout informing me and is now refusing me to consider as a buyer, since my name is not mentioned in receipt.

I want to take possession of plot, please advise legal remedy, whether the receipt signed by seller on plain paper is legally acceptable and enforceable. Can I force seller to complete performance of contact or charge him with 420.

Thanks in anticipation of your valuable advice.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register