Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daksh (Student)     25 February 2010

BHARAT RATNA FOR "SACHIN"

Hi All,

Do you think that this is the opportunate moment that "SACHIN" should get

Bharat Ratna without much ado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your view are solicited on this

Best Regards

Daksh

Learning

15 Replies

Rekha..... ( Practicing lawyer(B.Com LL.M in Business law ))     25 February 2010

No !!!!!!! I dont think so ...that he should get Bharat Ratna

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     25 February 2010

I think such a great national award must be awarded only after considering the work field of particular person.  Such person's activity must have wide impact on larger section of country and society.

A good actor can not be awarded with Bharat Ratna, if he has  already been awarded with other international awards like OSCAR, because his contribution does not tuch the society and country in large.

The same is with a writer or player or scientist or politicians. To be prime minister 10 times can not be criteria for Bharat Ratna.

I do not mean to undermine particular work field or person, but his real contribution towards nation must be seen.

I think cricket have a narrow impact in our poor society and country, so cricket player do not deserve for Bharat Ratna. Yes Cricket player also should be awarded if he has some other cotribution for society or country.

As far as Cricket's role is, I never heard that CRICKET CONTROLE BOARD OF INDIA which is the richest board in the world, ever contributed in national relief fund.

Rekha..... ( Practicing lawyer(B.Com LL.M in Business law ))     25 February 2010

absolutely ..Arvind sir..thats true

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     25 February 2010

GIVE AND TAKE. LONG LIVE SUBHASH CHANDRA BOSE. THIS CAN HAPPEN ONLY IN INDIA: Read this:

Indian freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was awarded Bharat Ratna posthumously in 1992. The award was later withdrawn due to a legal technicality. This is the only case of an award being withdrawn. It was withdrawn in response to a Supreme Court of India directive following a Public Interest Litigation filed in the Court against the posthumous nature of the award. The Award Committee could not give conclusive evidence of Bose’s death and thus it invalidated the posthumous award.

Daksh (Student)     26 February 2010

Dear All,

Can it be jointly given to Gavaskar, Kapil Dev and Sachin.  How Sachin is less mortal then Legendary Lataji.

Best Regards

Daksh

Rekha..... ( Practicing lawyer(B.Com LL.M in Business law ))     26 February 2010

Aree... Daksh leave OUR NATION ALONE. koi layak nahi he " Bharat Ratna " ke. According to me " Indira Gandhi" was and is only appropriate for  " Bharat Ratna "  as I hv heard sometime from my father that Indira gandhi was threat to America aswell as Pakistan. She teached  America very good lesson at the time of our War with Pakistan in 1971. I like her role and Gen. Manekshaw. Please correct me if I m wrong n sorry.  

Daksh (Student)     26 February 2010

Rekhaji,

But ironically Gen. Manekshaw's name does not figure in the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards

Daksh

Rekha..... ( Practicing lawyer(B.Com LL.M in Business law ))     26 February 2010

This is unfortunate..What I can say

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     26 February 2010

Political masters give the award to themselves.

Daksh (Student)     27 February 2010

Dear All,

Mr.Anil Agarwal has hit the bulls eye and last but not least the preposition which emerges is that although fully deserving Sachin himself does not want Bharat Ratna be conferred upon him or only two possibilities which comes to my mind are a major Pressure group - Oops Political outfit of Aamchi Mumbai launching a agitation and lastly Sachin joining  infamous hand wielding  brigade (Migrating from Run milling machine to vote yielding machine).

It's we the people of India who will cry at top of the lungs at every defeat but what a pity when the time comes for pay back it's b*tchy lobbying (LIKE MR CHATWAL) and political links which ultimately calls the shot.

Life is this - this is life.

Best Regards

Daksh

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     28 February 2010

Chhatwal is close to Clintons and is reported to be a regular donor to Democrats and in America donation is not in the realm of chicken feeds. It is on the basis of quid pro quo and runs into millions of dollars. 

Why can't he donate to party in power and buy the award? He claims to have facilitated India's Nuke deal with USA. It would be befitting if he is made India's Ambassador to USA. 

Now to award. If this story is interesting, please read it. I lived in Delhi. Telephones were scarce. I applied for one and got it ten years later. I moved to Mumbai in  1981. Twenty years ago, to my horror, I got a telegram from the Ministry of Home Affairs congratulating me on being awarded the Padma Shri. How the hell the MHA came to know my Mumbai address was mystifying me. Secondly, I had nothing to deserve this HONOUR. 

The next day the postman came running to my house and begged the telegram to be returned. I was in office. My wife returned it to him. MHA had woken up. 

The mystery unfolded later. My namesake was an environmental scientist and environment was close to Rajiv Gandhi. That gentleman was given the award. Announcing his name is all right, but, how to trace him? He was a well-known scientist. So what? Some gentleman in the MHA hit upon the idea of looking up the Delhi Telephone Directory. Regrettably, I was the only person listed as Anil Agrawal. They had reached the end of their efforts. Immediately, a messenger was sent to my Delhi residence with the congratulatory message. My neighbourhood went gaga over the news. They gave him my Mumbai address.

THE RESULT: The telegram was redirected to me in Mumbai to be withdrawn when the faux pas was detected. I wrote a letter to the then Home Secretary Mr. Ram Pradhan (remember 26/11 attack inquiry report) about the casualness in MHA. I didn't deserve to get a reply. I did not.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be prepared for the impossible.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     28 February 2010

These all, let us to feel pity on our country rather than proud.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     28 February 2010

Dear friends,

Let us look at the brighter side. If what is happening is not allowed to happen and things move smoothly, our life would be dull and monotonous.  

When Dhoni did not attend the award function last year, Sports Minister Gill was furious and gave vent to his feelings through media and press berating him. But he could do nothing. Remember he was an IAS, then Chief Election Commissioner and then Minister. Who better to defend the powers that be?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More