I have narrowed on a under construction property and paid the booking amount. Property is in Bengaluru Karnataka.
After consulting my family lawyer, he outrightly rejected the property stating it as SC/ST grant land.
Few points from the documents:-
1. Title starts from "Inam Land" in 1960 and the original person got registered as permanent tenant under section 5 of the Mysore Inams abolition act 1954 without premium. Document title is as "Occupancy Land Rights in XXXX Village, XXXX Taluk.
2. The legal heirs of the original person, sold the land to a non SC/ST person in 2006 via a sale deed.
3. Endorsement stating "No proceedings pending under provisions of Karnataka PTCL Act.
4. Legal opinion is provided with a big disclaimer stating it will not be valid in any court under any litigations.
5. Bhoomi website RTC when checked for Sy nos reflects the name of some government body under ownership.
I am confused whether to go ahead or to cancel.
Please share some inputs.