Any way to file fir without being at police station

Am living abroad, Is there a way I to file a complaint and change it to an FIR while not visiting the police station in tamil nadu india?

They are asking me to come, for the complaint I filled, but I cannot go, so they are not doing anything on that complaint


You have to go to the policestation in person, no other option.


You can give a power of attorney to some person living in the same city and he can represent you on your behalf.

if police fails to register FIR you can approach magistrate under section 156(3) or 200 of CrPC so as to order investigation and get an FIR registered in your case.

For any other queries feel free to contact me at

Information needn't necessarily be given in person.     It can be sent to the police by post also.


Hope problem is solved.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu