Annexure e for passport


My wife has changed her First & last name after Marriage & she has been asked to submit Annexure E for the same for issue of Fresh Passport.

Can someone suggest if I just get the Affidavit done on Non-Judicial paper of minimum value attessted by notary & publish in any two local neews paper for change of name


Is there any specific procedure to obtain Annexure E

Thanks in anticipation.




Annexure “E” is the Affidavit for Change in Name/Deed Poll/Sworn Affidavit.

The Steps to follow is-

  1. Prepare the Annexure E affidavit.
  2. Purchase the Stamp Paper for the amount set for the Article in your State.
  3. Sign the Affidavit in front of Notary public and attest it from Notary.
  4. Insert advertisements in two reputed newspapers (one local newspaper of the area in which he/she is residing and 2nd in newspaper of the area of permanent address) and submit original newspapers at the time of applying for passport in his/her new name.

If you reside in Delhi then you can get the Annexure Affidavit from this platform-






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu