LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JITENDRA NATH GHOSH   20 September 2018

Ancestral property -Clarification & suggestion

1. What is ancestral property? 2. A property which belonged to our great great great grandfather and which have been passed on to our grandfather on death of their father's as successor/succession can be termed as ancestral? 3. Can inherited property be willed or gifted to one son/daughter by depriving another son. 4. Mr Ajay(Gen-1) owned a property probably pre-independence. On his death the property is passed on to his Son Mr Vijay(Gen-2) after independence. The mode of transfer is not known as property paper of 1950's not available. Mr Vijay had two son Mr Sujay & Mr Rijay (Gen-3). Mr Vijay(Gen-2) had not made any will or deed for their son till death. On death of their father Mr Vijay(Gen-2), the property was transferred to Mr Sujay & Rijay(Gen-3) equally as successor through CS/LR record. Mr Sujay (Gen-3) had one son Mr Akshay (Gen-4). After the death of Mr Sujay (Gen-3) the property was transferred to Mr Akshay(Gen-4) through succession by CS/LR record. Whether the property which now belong to Mr Akshay can be termed as ancestral property? 5. Mr Akshay (Gen-4) has three son Mr A, B & C. Can Mr Akshay make gift deed or will of the property in name of A & B depriving C?

Learning

3 Replies

S Kk   20 September 2018

if a corner plot be required registration then 5ft will be deducted

Sagar Sharma   20 September 2018

it's a ancestral property and he can not make will or gift deed , A,B,C shall get equal share 1/3rd ,and if there is one daughter also ,then the share shall be 1/4th each.

Rohit   01 October 2018

My dad sold his ancestral property to his brother's son his age was 16 at 2010 and mine was 20 now we came to notice that my father sold out the property. Can myself brother and my mother claim can claim the property now? Property was sold in 2010 Property was of 10 acre divided in 4 parts 1: 2.5 acre of dad's mother 2: 2.5 acre of dad -----------------(sold to 2nd brother's son) 3: 2.5 acre of dad's 2nd brother 4: 2.5 acre of dad's 3rd brother This property was inherited from dad's grandfather to my grandfather to my father My dad sold 2 : 2.5 acre sold dad's share Pls help me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register