Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnan.k (No)     07 May 2015

Ancestral property

Hello,

1.My Great Grandmother owned a property in tamilnadu, bought from her own income.

2.She had only one son which is my Grandpa

3. He had 2 children a boy (Elder) and a girl (Younger) (My mother and her Elder Brother)

4.My grandpa and grandma passed away when my great grandma was alive.

5.So the owner of the property My great grandma lived longer than my grand parents and passed away later

6.Until my Great grandma passed away she owned the property solely but she used the land for some loan (Mortgage) purpose whenever there is a need in the family.

7. She never wrote any will regarding that property, and no registered document is there for the directions about the land after her death.

8. After my great granmma passed away. The elder boy and the younger girl where the legal hiers of the land & both got married at the time.

9.The land documents and the patta  was in the name of my great granmma all through the time

10. My mother and her elder brother,

11.some 20years back the Elder brother of the family has registered the property in the name of his wife, stating in the document that As he is the only owener of the property he tranfers it as a gift settlement to his wife. and register the document.

11.He never transfered the ownership from my great granma to his. but directly transfered the property to his wife. (Even when he gave a settlement deed to his wife, the land was in the ownership of my great grandmother. and no name transfer is done).

Now we filed a case in the district court and since the elder didnt appreaed for the case it was given Ex-party.

Kindly provide me information regarding the possibilities of the opposite party (Elder brother) for going to high court appeal and what are all the negative areas we have even after we won by exparty.

Is there any possibilty that the elder can win the case in the high court when he didnt even appeared in the district court??

Learning

5 Replies

bsrao   07 May 2015

The property must equally shared between the grandson and granddaughter. Even though ex parte, the district court also must have said the same. Was the earlier transfer set aside? File for execution and wait. Your uncle has to appeal or accept.

Krishnan.k (No)     08 May 2015

Thank you for your valuable response,

And yes the district court said the same, the preliminary decree was passed to commission the property. but its already been 3months from the exparte still the commissioning process is not yet started.

And in the district court my uncle appealed for restore after the exparte but his appeal was dismissed and the exparte preliminary decree was passed.no my uncle is going for high court appeal.

Kindly suggest me what all things should be done to, not to let my uncle get his stay over the commisioning process of the district court and win in the high court too!! ??

bsrao   08 May 2015

First file a caveat in the High Court and appoint a good advocate. 

Krishnan.k (No)     12 May 2015

Caveat filling formalities are being followed sir,

but what about the commisioning process in the district court?

Why there is no further movement in the case even after the exparte preliminary decree is passed?

What are all the possible we can do to fasten the commisioning process?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 May 2015

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Partition-suit-over-ancestral-property-537731.asp#.VVTAEvCupVI

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register