Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chethan (Developer)     07 April 2015

Ancestral property

Hi,

My grandfather has 4 childrens, among them 3 daughter and one son. I am the grandson of my grandfather i.e. son of my grandfather's son.

My grandfather died 4 years back and after his death, we came to know from my cousin that there was joint will being made by my grandparents. The will is in favor of my grandfather's daughters whereas my father got a small portion of it. We are not convinced with the share.

My grand mother is still alive whereas the will tells that the shared property should be taken over by her childrens only after her death.

My cousin who got the will done is working for central govt. job and the witness are his relatives. He has got the will done in favor to his mother and we are doubting on him.

The property is shared on agricultural land and a house. Soon after the death of my grandfather, my cousin thrown my grandmother out of the house and he has given it for rent. My grandmother has a case filed against him and it is still going on in court just getting dragged because of his money power. There is no share in the house for my father.

Now, my question is - do I have complete rights to fight against my aunts/cousins being the only grandson? what is the chance of getting the right share i.e. will I get the complete share on all property or equal share?

Please assist.

Thanks,

Chethan

Learning

1 Replies

Aftab Bharmal (Developer)     10 April 2015

Sorry for what happened i am not a  lawyer. 

But i have been seeing the proceeding of court. and it always favours the one with money and power for one or the other reasons. 

The way the case proceeds i have lost hope in justice by our judiciary system. even a straight forward cases takes decades to get justice.   and that too sometimes goes in vain. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More