Ancesterial property

We have a ancesterial house in a small town , which was not occupied by any of our family members. Few tenants are staying in the house and they are not paying any rent. Our eldest uncle had sent them a letter saying that you do not pay any rent but you keep the house maintained.

Now the house is is a very bad shape. Its wall had collapsed few days back. Fortunately no life or property damage took place.

Now what we should do so that if in future , such accident happens and house collapses; the onus of loss of life or property and its compensation should not be on our family.


Sell the property at super low price.


Retired employee.

Issue a notice to tenants warning them to vacate the house as immediately as possible as the building is found unsafe.

Also issue information by Regd post to the Authority (Panchayat/Municipality) that the house is in a bad shape, and you have issued notices to tenants to vacate, and pray to take a note and get the property vacated taking this information as notice in case of any mishappening to tenants due to collapse of the house.  Errect a display board in the property, HOUSE UNSAFE,  Property belongs to..................................) and get a photograph with that display board.


Take all steps as suggested by Mr. G.L.N. Prasad, positively.

Try to sell if you can sell house in such dilapidated condition and for which one of the Co-sharers (your uncle) has written a letter as posted by you, at the price of land or lower than price of land as asked by Mr. autohide4u.

OR Engage a very able counsel specializing in property/civil matter at location of property.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu