Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Diego stanga (Self employed)     19 October 2014

Agricultural land issue

Respected Advocates of India,

My grandfather had a purchased an agricultural land paying from his own pocket in the name of his father (my grandfathers father). My grandfather also has a brother and a sister.

As per the WILL of my grandfathers father the land was divided into two parts as per the two brothers equally. No share has been granted to the their sister.

My grandfather died and as per my grandfathers WILL the land is on my fathers name.

Can my father less his share of land?

And

Can my father less the whole land as it was purchased by my grandfathers money. We have documents regarding the purchase. This is because the brother of my grandfather dosn't cooperate nor is settling the matter. He stays abroad. 

Learning

1 Replies

NARENDER RAO BASAVARAJU (ADVOCATE)     19 October 2014

IF YOU ARE A HINDU  THEN HINDU SUCCESSION ACT 1956  WII GOVERN THE SUCCESSION OF THE PROPERTY.

AS I UNDERSTAND THE PROPERTY BELONGS TO YOUR GREAT GRAND FATHER (GRAND FATHER'S FATHER) WHO MADE A WILL BY WHICH YOUR GRAND FATHER GOT HALF SHARE, WHO IN TURN MADE A WILL BY WHICH YOUR FATHER GOT  THE PROPERTY (HALF SHARE OF YOUR GREAT GRAND FATHER'S PROPERTY)

I ASSUME , YOUR FATHER IS THE ONLY SON TO YOUR GRAND FATHER AND NO SISTERS TO HIM THEN  YOUR FATHER  CAN SELL  / GIFT  THE PROPERTY TO ANY ONE  BUT WITH YOUR ACCEPTANCE, SO THAT  THERE WILL NOT BE ANY PROBLEM   FROM YOUR SIDE TO THE BUYER IN FUTURE.

IF YOU BELONG TO ANY RELIGION OTHER THAN HINDU , THEN YOU HAVE TO SEEK GUIDANCE FROM THE EXPERTS .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register