LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaushal Mandalia   19 November 2017

Agent principal relationship

We are facing a legal problems due to misdeed done by our Agent who was responsible for sourcing loan cases for us. We are loan aggregators, hiring agents who are not working under exclusive relationship and will be paid on the basis of amount of loan that gets disbursed. We are facing legal troubles due to the fraud conducted by that person. Our relationship was purely based on the amount of business done by him and we have no direct control of him. Our argument is that agent is an independent contractor and any misdeed done by him is not binding to principal. Kindly suggest your opinion.

Learning

4 Replies

manoj   19 November 2017

in your document when you were appointing agent , there is any term that any act done by agent is not binding on principal.
Manoj advocate

Dear sir, Thanks for the reply. We did agreement on letterhead and specify that any act done by agent is not binding. However my question is.. can we consider agent as independent contractor and thereby can say that principle is not liable for any misdeed done by agent. Regards, Kaushal

Dear sir, Thanks for the reply. We did agreement on letterhead and specify that any act done by agent is not binding. However my question is.. can we consider agent as independent contractor and thereby can say that principle is not liable for any misdeed done by agent. Regards, Kaushal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register