Adoption of my daughter by step father

Dear sir,

I'm a hindu divorcee and have a 6 years old daughter. I've the full guardianship of my daughter as my ex-husband does not pay any maintenance for the child. Now my marriage has been fixed with a person and he wants to adopt my daughter. In this regard, do I have to take any permission from my ex-husband regarding the adoption given that I've the full guardianship? Can I take the decision of my own as I'm the guardian of the child? Kindly advice on the situation. 

Thanks you.
Lawyer in

If you have court order on divorce, you can remarry.Both men and women are entitled to child support if they're named the custodial parent. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu