LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ains - (Mr.)     08 January 2012

Adoption of daughter of live in partner

I'm in a living in relation with my partner since 1981. Our relationship has been very good. I never ever wanted to impose on her children to change their name; they were free to own their own identity. Today I have been entreated by the youngest one that she needed me to adopt her as she has always wanted to be known as my daughter even though I'm not her biological father; My Q is how do I go about this legally? What are the legal  formalities that I will encounter, she is an adult and is separated from her husband for the last 3 years has a eleven year old child who considers me his grandfather. Please advise.

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 January 2012

Vague query. The religion of both parties not given. Age of child not given. Your age not given. No useful advise is possible.

Ains - (Mr.)     22 January 2012

On the question of religion, well I'm agnostic am a catholic so are the rest of the family. I'm 61 years old my living pard is 65 and daughter 38 and grandchild 11 yrs. should have pursued law but I guess roving was in my blood. Guess it's never too late, who knows!! 

Before I forget I thank you for your information and your precious time in replying to my query

Regds

Ains

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register