Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adarsh kumar pandey (Software Engineer)     31 January 2014

Adopted son share in property

Hi,

My natural father's uncle adopted me in 2003(officially) and after his death his daughters filed a case to reverse/cancel  the adoption but they lost it and now they are going to court for share in property .

As per my lawyer he was saying that since my adoption happened before 2005 you will be getting half the property and rest half will be divided between daughters.

Please suggest me what would be my share today .

One more thing i would like to add but i don't know whether its relevant or not that My  My natural father's uncle adopted me orally and with family pujas in 1992. Is this event can affect my share in property

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 February 2014

Since adoption was complete you will have equal share in adoptive father's (not in natural father's) property with other siblings of your adoptive father.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 February 2014

As per you, your adopted sisters have challenged your adoption and they lost the case, it means your adoption has been held valid. Therefore you are entitled to equal share in the property as other legal heirs to your adopted father.

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     13 February 2014

Mr Pandey, as you have said about your adoption to have been challenged by your sister, who has already lost her case, justifying your valid adoption, so, it's no doubt to be entitled to be getting equal share in the property as other siblings to your adoptive father

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More