LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

partha banerjee (other)     19 April 2012

Admission in course without office permission

what is the worst possible  punishment of a govt servant if he get admission into a distance learning course in ignou without seeking prior permission office head.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 April 2012

This a difficult question to answer. Have you received a show cause notice? The show cause notice has to state which law, rule or undertaking you have violated. If it does not say you can ask them in writing. They have to give answer. What action they would take would depend on the boss who has to take action. He can ask you discontinue and give a warning, he can allow you to continue but with a warning. Other possible actions are stopping of increment, delay of your promotion, if any. If you are unwanted person the boss can call you, threaten to dismiss you and under the threat induce you to resign. Action will also depend on other misdemeanors, if any. 

partha banerjee (other)     22 April 2012

no , no such action has been initiated as as far as i know for govt employee regarding study all are mentioned as regular course. but my question about distance learning course i have not seen any specific rules for such is there any restriction for distance learning course

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register