Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Damodharan   12 May 2016

Accident case

HI All,

I Met one accident, While riding a car, I was trying to take U turn during that time one person hit my car and fell down.As well he got injured.

By considering his suituvation i had given 1.5 lackhs for his medical expense.He accepted and aggreed won't file any FIR for this issue, But now he filed a FIR against me IPC279 338

Mentioning that i was rashly driving the car and taken a U turn without indication. As well how the case will go for this issue

And I have attended a interview in INFOSYS if they came for police verification will it affect my offer.

Kindly suggest for this issue

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 May 2016

A glaring example as to how a common man sheds several lakhs but do not involve Advocate in the issue to avoid nominal fees.  Hope this may not affect your career, as these kinds of filing cases is normal, and as Infosis is a private entity, and may not normally go for police verification as in Govt departments.  But loss of mental peace is main constraint, as you are on your first step of building your career.  If you had involved some elderly / middle men / through police, it is better to get a compromise, though you are not at fault.  Medical reports etc., are also important, and it is common knowledge that one can not drive rashly in U turn (This is not possible also and several facts like availability of pedestrian crossing etc., matter.  However Police have their own way in settling the compromises out of court)

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 May 2016

More than the alleged rash driving, you have been more wrong in making such payment. Such compromises are not legally enforceable. What is the presnt status of the FIR lodged? Has the court issued summons?

Genrally in such cases, the accused can plead gulty against payment of fine.

Mere traffic offences cannot impair the propects of employment, even in  Government service.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 May 2016

The FIR registered against you is for traffic violation offence which may not hamper your career prospects.  As rightly observed by learned advocates, it was your fault for having paid any amount earlier on some false promises.

Well you can challenge the case properly even now. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register