LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RObert R Dsouza   14 August 2015

Abandoned by foreign wife

I am a 35 yr old male and my wife is of the same age I was married to a  Indian Born French Citizen...under the Special Marriage Act on the Oct-2014.

Our marriage was not consumated and within 3 days of the marriage my wife abandoned me.. and left for her country from her parents place.

I also underwent medical and fertility test which was insisted by her (which i came clean) have the medical reports from the doc to prove it... 

I have call record of her wherein she states that she wishes to finish off her marriage and that she went back to France under the protection of the French Embassy as her parents were forcing her and she did not wish to carry on with the marriage...

But now she is reluctant to come down and settle things..and does not entertain my calls or messages...

Do i have grounds for an annulment.

Learning

4 Replies

SuperHero (Manager)     14 August 2015

If the Marriage is not consummated you should go for annulment. Check with a local Lawyer...Since she doesn't want to come back. You should be able to get annulment quickly.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     14 August 2015

filing for annulement of marriage on grounds of non consumation is one way.but its difficult to prove.alternately you can file contested divorce against her after a year from the time of marriage on grounds of cruelty as non consumation amounts to cruelty.if she is not contesting the case you can ask the court to proceed exparte

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     14 August 2015

You can file Petition for a decree of Nullity under Special Marriage Act,   In your petition you give minute details as to why it was not consummated, yo will succeed

(Guest)

Marry ----> annulment --------> remarry? --------->> divorce???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register