LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja Rajan (Prop.)     06 February 2017

A question about unelected cm of a state

According to the constitution, anyone can be chosen for Chief Minister of a state, provided he / she has the majority support of the state MLAs and the Governor is convinced. But, he / she must contest and win in an election from any constituency within six months. If he / she loses, cannot continue to be the CM. So far it is fine.

My question is : If he / she contests from a constituency within one or two months and loses the election, can he / she contest again from some other constituency within that six months period? Is there any limit for how many times one can attempt? 

Learning

4 Replies

Raja Rajan (Prop.)     06 February 2017

Hahahaha.... 

I got your point - Aim High! 

But my question is about an ambiguity in the constitution. 

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     06 February 2017

# 5

Why only at State level? Ideality demands that this should apply even at Centre.

Had this question occured in someone's mind earlier, or at least 10 / 13 years ago so many pains of wrong DIE-ci-SHUNS, scams etc could have been avoided at National & State levels. It will be in the interest of the Nation to have responses from learned members.

Raja Rajan (Prop.)     07 February 2017

You are right Suresh. I want a reply from experts in law. 

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     07 February 2017

# 7

Shahjahan JI,

Wait is already on.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register