A question about unelected cm of a state

According to the constitution, anyone can be chosen for Chief Minister of a state, provided he / she has the majority support of the state MLAs and the Governor is convinced. But, he / she must contest and win in an election from any constituency within six months. If he / she loses, cannot continue to be the CM. So far it is fine.

My question is : If he / she contests from a constituency within one or two months and loses the election, can he / she contest again from some other constituency within that six months period? Is there any limit for how many times one can attempt? 

Jahanpana!

Of which state do you want to become CM? Why keeping you aim so low at CM position? You should be our PM? 

Hahahaha.... 

I got your point - Aim High! 

But my question is about an ambiguity in the constitution. 

Oh I see, you want to correct the constitution? That is job of parliament, let them worry about it. 

For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always

# 5

Why only at State level? Ideality demands that this should apply even at Centre.

Had this question occured in someone's mind earlier, or at least 10 / 13 years ago so many pains of wrong DIE-ci-SHUNS, scams etc could have been avoided at National & State levels. It will be in the interest of the Nation to have responses from learned members.

You are right Suresh. I want a reply from experts in law. 

For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always

# 7

Shahjahan JI,

Wait is already on.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu