Share More

nidhi (home maker)     02 July 2013

A person holding 2 passport

Dear Sir,
            I would be highly thank full if you can tell me, 

A man holding 2 passport 
1. Indian passport 
2. Nepali Passport

The Indian Passport was issued to him some where in the year 2000 .
but to get a  Nepali passport , the person went to Nepal he gave some Nepali citizen money to helped him . The Nepali citizen helped him by making him his son and putting his name in place of  father`s name , as the surname they both hold the same but the name of the father is different in Indian and in Nepali passport. The Nepali passport is been issued to the person in the year 2005 and that time he was having Indian passport also.
The person is not having any criminal or any record in Indian or in Nepali police. He made Nepali passport to get job in middle east for living. Could you please tell me if he can be punished to get Nepali passport through illegal means as the name of the father is different in both Indian and Nepali passport . 
My question is this, will this person be punished holding 2 passport on different father name . He has used the Nepali passport and was worked in middle east for 1 year and came back to India. 
What kind of maximum punishment he will be getting if some one report this matter to the Authorities.

Learning

2 Replies

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     02 July 2013

this is a clearcut case of fraud.if proved minimum what hecan get for commiting offence u/s420IPC.dr sc pratihar

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     02 July 2013

Please note, under the Passport Act,1967 this is not legal and it is a criminal offence. Besides, he will also be criminally impleded as well. Thus, provisions of the Indian Penal Code and the Passporta Act, both will apply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register