Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Trijit Das (Student)     10 July 2012

A case against the utility bill of electricity board?

We had a case in 2006 against the state electricity board of two different electricity bills of the same date.the electricity bill were 73000 and 60000 which were impossible for 700 sq ft flat in three month now the case was accepted by the court the case against the bill is not started yet since at that time as the department has disconnected our line my grand father has issued for injunction to prevent disconnection. this injunction has became a permanent injunction,but the original case is not started yet.now the problem is that my grand father died in 2010 and the property is sold to someone due to financial reason.we have not notified the court of selling property.but the connection is in the name of grandfather.Note that the original case is not started .The house is sold in the name of my grandmother. the connection as well as the case is filed in the name of my grandfather.Now the question arises that we want to continue the case as it will reduce the electricity bill by big margin as we cannot pay such a huge bill and it is unjustified to do so.SO CAN WE CONTINUE THE CASE? tell us what are all possible outcome.The injunction copy has nothing written for the restriction of selling property as it is against the connection not the property ,but the connection is in the name of our deceased grandfather.This turned out to be complex PLEASE GIVE SUGGESION.
Court: Barasat District Court,Barasat Kolkata
Constitution of India

Learning

1 Replies

Raja (XYZ)     08 October 2012

yes you can continue as successor and add party to those whom you have sold the property. for any further clarification please contact over phone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More