LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh Kumar (Service)     15 August 2014

498a threat for refusal to marry

One of my cousin brother saw a girl in June this year through online matrimonial ad.The marriage was verbally agreed upon.No exchange of gifts or any ceremony has happened.He talked to the girl for a month and then decided to cancel his decision as the girls behavior was very rude.

Now the girls side are threatening him to marry the girl else they will file case against him. He works in a private bank.They repeatedly come outside his office or at his home and threaten and pressurize him.My questions are

1. Can they file any kind of case against him even if no ceremony has happened or exchange of gifts or money.

2.What can he do if they come to pressurize him at his home?The girls father is a govt officer and extremely revenge prone.

Please suggest.

Regards

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     15 August 2014

Don't worry they cannot do anything, if they threatens you record the threat , if they come to his Home

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     15 August 2014

Don't worry they cannot do anything, if they threatens you record the threat , if they come to his Home or his office then make a police report against him , also report to the police sp of your district as well as the senior officer of her father .

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 August 2014

They can not do anything.

Mahesh Kumar (Service)     07 September 2014

Thanks for your reply.Please refer to the following link where dowry case was filed before marriage and is currently in SC

https://www.dailypioneer.com/sunday-edition/sunday-pioneer/nation/father-son-booked-for-dowry-before-marriage-case-in-sc.html

I would like to hear from experts on this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register