LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

syed ali   17 February 2018

498a section 3 and 4

Sir Am working in saudi arebia i have send a divorcee notice to my wife when i was in india later i moved to saudi for job and i am now planing or short vacation of 5 days to india as a marriage of my cousin as my sister and my brother in law was 2nd and 3nd in FIR and am the 1st i didnt appear to court till now my advocate say that may be my name is on look out notice they will arrest me on arrival at airport my questions is if i get arrested they will take my passport how to closed this case my exwife not ready to talk she want to fight the case what the best you can suggest me i didnt take any dowry from them i have recived the divorcee paper acknowlegdement and local QAZI had give me talaq certificate also still case is going on please help me with your valueable advices Sir

Learning

1 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 February 2018

No one can help you this situation but your wife. Compromise with her and pay her huge amount of alimony which may not be available according to Muslim Sharit law but still you cannot avoid it. Yes if look out notice opened for you, sooner you land in India and reach Immigration you get arrested and taken to nearest Police station. Definitely your passport will be confiscated and will not be returned till your criminal complaint case is finally decided and disposed by the courts in India, and that may take "N" number of years as told by your wife she'll fight for it as much she can. Your Local Lawyers will not be able to save you, whatever trust you keep for them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register