Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay (Software Professional)     07 June 2011

498a reinvestigation after divorce petition....

for xmas eve my wife took me to bank and brought all her jewels (Which was in locker in both our names) to the house...in evening a quarrel occured she called up her dad.. who came with some of their relatives and also mine by the time wife left the house and sitting in the front gate said we throwed her out. all relatives and FIL picked up fight with us and took the girl with them.
they then gave 498a case on all my family members (including my Sis and BIL who had come from US on vacation) and got CSR copy.SIS and BIL left to US immidiately...
FIR and chargesheet pending...

Progress in case so far...
1.I also gave a life threat petition on her family but police set aside that case.. Police gave 3 rounds of counselling during which i said i am upset and need time to think of taking the girl back.
2.Gave in writing that this is just a matrimonial dispute and me and my wife would lead a happy life without my inlaws interference
3. We got AB quoting the same - just matrimonial dispute need AB to settle matter amicably.
4. But meantime wife wanted us to return her jewels which she brought on the incident day... as we were ready for reconcilliation we initially resisted to give her things saying taking shreedhan back would mean end of relationship... but she was adamant and brought police to our house and took her jewels at that instance we gave all her belongings.
5. Our whole family is terribily upset after this incident and I filed divorce on grounds of cruetly of her ruthless adamant attitude and for going to police and giving false complaint and bringing police to our house and taking her things so rudely...

Now:
wife lawyer threatens they will quote the divorce papers as evidence in 498a and get FIR done saying our intention was to get rid of her... will it stand as evidence as both are seperate cases how will it affect my 498a..cos initially I had given a statement that im kinda ok to take her back and need time as i am upset.. made up my mind now... but her lawyer saying since I had given in writing iam ready for reconcilliation that intentionally I delayed FIR and prompted to close the case and sent the notice to get rid of her.. I feel I am messed up...

1. Does her police complaint without arrest be considered as judge enough for divorce under cruelty in favor of me...

2. Does my life threat complaint add to justify cruelty done on their part

3. If police files FIR & charesheet for her complaint (filed prior to divorce notice) under girl's influence, does that strenghten my divorce case? I mean the delay in FIR filing prior to divorce petition does that favor my divorce case

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register