Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

acdpvictim (self)     23 August 2016

498a loc - travel to india

Hello All, 

Wife lives outside India and I live outside India.

We reached a compromise.

In order to settle our cases, my lawyer suggested that we file for Quash in High Court on the ground of compromise.

After getting a stay from high court, my lawyer suggested that I come to India and settle the divorce case and also simultaneously my wife shall present herself in necessary court to withdraw criminal cases.

Now, 

1) We filed the quash petition in high court and the court gave the following order:

- The petition is disposed of directing the petitioner to surrender before the learned lower court within a period of 3 months from today and file a petition to recall the NBW issued against him. In such an event,  the court shall dispose of the same on the same day on which it is filed on reasonable terms, in accordance with law. Till then, the NBW issued against the petitioner shall NOT be executed.

Question: We took this order and went to the Police Station to remove the LOC. Police is saying that they cannot remove LOC with this order as it does not clearly mention anything about stay order. They are saying that they can remove LOC only after all the cases are closed. 

Is this true? How can I get the LOC removed?

The problem with what the police is suggesting is that while I arrive in India, there will NOT be a problem. But if I have to leave India to the USA, in case cases are not settled, then there will be an active LOC and I will be stuck in India. 

Please suggest how to proceed.

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     23 August 2016

u must have faith in ur counsel.

Do according to his istruction.

If u like my suggesation then give THANK on my profile.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     24 August 2016

Sir, Better not to worry, come surrender, move an application same day as instructed by Hon'ble High Court and get your cases settled.... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Advocate 9899011450

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     24 August 2016

When LOC is active you will be arrested on arrival and after cooling few days in custody you will be granted conditional bail and may be you have to surrender passport..

So go again to HC and pray for amendment of order for removal of LOC so that you can come appear before lower court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register