Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bala   24 January 2018

498a doubt

Hi ,

There were some court order related to diluting anti - dowry law and no immediate arrests  of guys family in case of dowry case. I am not sure whats the latest on this?

Could somebody help me ? I am sking this for my sisters who is undergoing lot of issues due to her in-law family on dowry. 

Learning

2 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     25 January 2018

Originally posted by : Bala
Hi ,

There were some court order related to diluting anti - dowry law and no immediate arrests  of guys family in case of dowry case. I am not sure whats the latest on this?

Could somebody help me ? I am sking this for my sisters who is undergoing lot of issues due to her in-law family on dowry. 

That order of SC is still applicable . Some lawyers are seeking changes in that order in court of CJI but that petition is still pending, 

Even without that order police cannot immediately arrest inlaws family they can apply for AB

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 January 2018

The proposed law has not come into force however there certain changes and instruction to police by supreme court in this regard to arrange for reconciliation and then only for registration of FIR.

Your sister can approach police with a complaint if she is aggrieved and want relief.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More