Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Uma Maheswara (consultant)     24 April 2014

498a clarification

Dear Experts,

My wife filed false 498a case at Rayagada,Orissa in May2010 exactly 1year after marriage against me and my parents and later she filed divorce and maintenance cases at Visakhapatnam. Till date she has not attended the court at Rayagada but regularly attends the court at Visakhapatnam. Her father gave witness in the 498a, he claims that we imprisioned her in room and was never allowed to go out which is utterly false and we harasshed her. No harashment is recorded in the 161 statements and the FIR filed.

After the witness statement of the complainant father is recorded, the lady judge called us into her chamber and spoke to us and the complainant father during the coversation I told the lady judge that I have evidence of videos and photographs of the complainant celebrating birthday functions and Diwali which i produced in the divorce case as well.

At the end of the discussion, the lady judge said to us that if the complainant i.e. my wife comes and gives evidence it will create problem to me and my parents and suggested to work out for a compromise. 

Four witnesses are examined and each one gave different versions about the marriage. I would like to know what the judge told us is true or she is trying to help the complainant? The judge told us that she doesn't have much experience in handling these cases.  

Request you to kindly give your suggestions.

Thanks

Mahesh

Learning

1 Replies

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     24 April 2014

If possible go for settlement... it will be better for your future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register