LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shailesh singh (software developer)     15 March 2013

498a arrest warrant issued

My wife is staying away from me in Kolkata since October 2010 and I am in New Delhi. She registered 498A against me a year ago. However, the document / application was sent on some address where I was earlier staying with her and now I have relocated to different address. So, I did not receive the court application and it got returned to Kolkata session court couple of times. I have also changed company where I was earlier working and my wife is not aware of new company.

Now last week, court has issued arrest warrant against me. I would like to know what should I do, Should i stay running out? Can police trace me ? Shall I apply for anticipatory bail? Please help me.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 March 2013

Apply for anticipatory bail. You can say to the court the address was changed due to the change of employement. Hence not known about the case. So becuase of this ground you may get anticipatory bail. 

shailesh singh (software developer)     15 March 2013

Thanx for reply.

what are the chances of police tracing me due to issue of arrest warrant because neither the address of my stay nor address of my new company is known to my wife or police?

Intern (Intern)     15 March 2013

Hi Rama

My question is ...cant he go for change of the court as he himself saying that the matrimonial house is in Delhi...

if he will fight the case in Kolkata he will be ruined goin on dates...smart wives always do this to let husband run the 498a marathon

Cant he go for the quashing of the case on the basis of jusrisdiction...

As per my opinion he can file a writ in sessions for jurisdiction

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     15 March 2013

Mr. Rama Chary is guiding correctly.

www.mehnat.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register