LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepu   02 February 2015

498 a - doubt

Hi respected lawyers. My wife filed a false 498a case against me, my brother and my family in July 2014. We took the AB and a police man came to our home and questioned all of us. In November 2014 the police man told me that he submitted the charge sheet to the court and the name of my brother and my parents were removed from the charge sheet. Last week i got a summons from the court asking me to appear before the court. My brother and my parents didnt received any summons. So does that means my brother and my parents are now completely free from this case ?. My brother wants to apply for a passport so will he face any problems now ? Do we need to get any orders from the court ? Can my parents or brother now file a compensation case against her ?

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

aarjun vhajage (Lawyer)     02 February 2015

My brother and my parents didnt received any summons. So does that means my brother and my parents are now completely free from this case ; GO IN COURT AND READ THE CHARGE SHEET COPY FIRST AND CONFIRM.

My brother wants to apply for a passport so will he face any problems now. IF HE IS NOT ALLEGED IN COURT, HE CAN APPLY FOR THE PASSPORT. AND IF HE IS ALLEGED, HE CAN TAKE PERMISSION FORM THE COURT FOR PASSPORT ONLY IF HE FURNISH HE REASON FOR HIS BREAD AND BUTTER.

Do we need to get any orders from the court : YES.

Can my parents or brother now file a compensation case against her: YES. IF THEY HAVE FREE TIME.

deepu   02 February 2015

Thanks sir for the reply. I now contacted my lawyer and he said that he read the charge sheet and only my name is mentioned in that and has removed the name of my brother and parents.... So is a copy of that charge sheet required for us as a proof or should need any other order from the court ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register