LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

praveen (Engineer)     15 November 2014

2nd marriage by my brother in law -

My sister was married 4years. After 1year we got to know, my brother in law already had a illicit relation with 1 girl. We had a panchayati within closed cricle and the matter was settled. Later on, he was good for couple of months and there were some family problems b/w them.   He never spends single rupee on my sister and their family. He sometimes don't come to home. They don't even allow my sister to talk to us. So I doubt if he is still having the relation with another girl.

2days back we received a SMS from a unknown number, saying that my brother in law has married 2nd time. I guess my sister didn't know about this, infact we don't have proper communication with her.

Can my dad file a legal complaint based and a SMS to find out the truth.. Pleas suggest

What will happen if to My brother in law if he has married 2nd time. 

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     15 November 2014

Dear, Better enquire from a reasonable source, because its a,serious allegations.... If he has married 2nd time he will spend 7years behind the bars . Kapil chandna adv, 9899011450

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2014

even if he has married second time, nothing can be done til your sister gives a complaint.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 November 2014

A complaint by the first wife (or husband) would be implied only when something is prohibited under law when done without the permission of the complainant. Neither Section 17 of Hindu Marriage Act nor Section 494 of IPC speak about the permission of the first wife (or husband). Hence I would feel that it is for the prosecution to initiate action and not the aggrieved wife (or husband).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register