LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priya (student)     26 November 2011

'love guru' matuk nath gets back job he lost over affair

Bihar's famous 'Love Guru' Matuk Nath Choudhary, who was dismissed from service two-nda-half years ago by Patna University for an extra-marital relationship, returned to a hero's welcome to his college on Wednesday after being reinstated by the Raj Bhawan.

Governor-cum-Chancellor of Universities Debanand Konwar overturned the university's decision.

The university had dismissed Choudhary in July 2009 on the charge of bringing disrepute to the teacher-pupil relationship by having a live-in relationship with one of his students Julie, who was doing a research on Hindi literature under his guidance.

Choudhary had been on fast since Monday demanding his reinstatement. His companion Julie offered him a glass of juice to help him break his fast on Wednesday after he received the letters from Raj Bhawan as well as Patna University intimating him about the decision to revoke the dismissal order.

The governor had set aside the university's decision on Tuesday evening paving way for Choudhary's reinstatement. Choudhary, who was a professor of Hindi at Bihar National College in Patna before his dismissal, rejoined his institution and received a warm welcome by his students.

Scores of pupils celebrated his return to the university by garlanding him and offering sweets to each other on the occasion.

A beaming Choudhary said he had finally got justice more than five years after he was placed under suspension.

"I plan to utilise my time in raising the educational standards of my students now," he said.

He said he had faced acute financial problems during his suspension and dismissal period but he always remained happy.

"People from all walks of life extended support to me, saying that the dismissal by the university was unjust… They told me that the university should not have taken such decisions on the basis of something related to my personal life," he said.

https://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/bihar-love-guru-matuk-nath-gets-back-his-job/1/161380.html

Learning

1 Replies

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     26 November 2011

One interesting thing happening in India is that immoral people like this love guru,Hema Malini,Mahesh Bhupathi,Sri Devi,etc who became the cause if marital breakups are honoured by this very Indian society,where marrriages have been held as sacred.

Shame on us!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register