Home > Experts > Property Law > sale of HUF property

sale of HUF property (Property Law)

Author : sanjeev gabrani

Posted On 25 July 2010 at 18:55

please let me know how as a karta of HUF i can sell my HUF house and take the sale consideration cheque in the name of all the coparceners...sanjeev gabrani

Expert : Y V Vishweshwar Rao

Posted On 25 July 2010 at 22:02

You along with all the coparceners join in the sale deed as Vendors and obtain the Cheques as per your shares .

Expert : Y V Vishweshwar Rao

Posted On 25 July 2010 at 22:05

Kartha as Vendor can sell the property representing other coparceners- You can also mention all coparcenrs names and receive the Cheques in your name and other coparceners -

Author : sanjeev gabrani

Posted On 27 July 2010 at 15:34

i am the karta of HUF and has 11 coparceners in the HUF...i have to sell a property which is in the name of HUF...please let me know can i take cheques in the names of coparceners including me and not take cheque in the name of HUF...thanks and regards...as i have consulted some lawters as well as deed writers they are saying cheque has to in the name of HUF only...

Author : sanjeev gabrani

Posted On 27 July 2010 at 15:42

thanks for your reply...according to some lawyers i can take cheque in the name of other coparceners only if i dissolve the HUF...PLEASE SUGGEST...sanjeev gabrani

Expert : Y V Vishweshwar Rao

Posted On 27 July 2010 at 17:13

A Unit- property of HUF Property is to be sold . There is consent by all the coparceners for sale /Sale by all the Coparceners and it is only the point how to take the sale consideration -

It is connected with Accounts and Tax Returns /matter - pleas contact your Personal/Local Chartered Accountant to have a clear view with referecne to your Accounts / Tax/ Returns.

Expert : ADVOCATE DEFENSE.

Posted On 31 July 2010 at 15:49

The karta is the exclusive owner and he can dispose property and take cheque in his name. No problem.

In IT the HUF is treated as one unit.