Home > Experts > Labour & Service Law

Displaying Queries 1 - 10 of 270 in 27 pages

Filter Query : All | Only Resolved | Only Open

ravi sharma

asked On 24 May 2017 at 14:18

Answer this query now

Rejoining psu which left over 3yrs

Sir I had left Bsnl after 12 yrs of service by giving simple resignation application .Bsnl approch me to complete formality but due to miscommunication .I didn't complete my formality.
But after left Bsnl I join some other regular job .now can I ask Bsnl to rejoin but Bsnl management hasitating to rejoin me .
So sir is it possible to rejoin Bsnl in legal circumstance.so what approch I should have to do .
Second I complete my resignation remaining formality .than is there any hurdle in financial benefit.

manish

asked On 23 May 2017 at 22:58

Answer this query now

Claim of dues after resignation

I worked with a proprietor firm from last 30months. I became a victim of politics at workplace by a new national head joined in Dec.16 due to which I had to resign.

I am willing to handover the company's property but he has hold my last month expenses. I requested him to release my expenses after which I will handover the property. We can have full & final settlement after the handover but he is adamant.

I wish to know my legal liabilities. I intend to handover company's property and get my dues peacefully. Our company does not give salary slip neither I can trust him as he has been changing statements on settlement.

Please guide

Milind Pai

asked On 18 May 2017 at 10:15

Answer this query now

Transfer to different location

I am working with a Insurance company located at Mumbai. Recently have received a transfer letter.

I am a single parent of twin daughters that are studying in last year. I am not in a position to leave them alone and take a transfer as their responsibility solely depends on me, neither I am in a position to move on with them at a location as that is totally new and may hamper my daughter's education as well as have psychological impact.

I don't want to get transferred yet continue the job at the current location.Either transfer or resign are the two options.

As my age is 55 years, I can't afford to lose the job after working for 10 years with the said company.

Please advice so that I get my transfer cancelled and I can continue with the same location. Thanks

Anonymous

asked On 27 April 2017 at 17:24

Answer this query now

Incremental arrears

My last working day was 14-april-2017, in a private company in Andhra Pradesh. As assistant manager f&a

Our salary month start from 26 to 25 in next month.

My full and final settlement is not yet done as on 27/04/2017.

Company paid incremental arrears @6% on ctc to all employees regarding Fy 16-17 along with salary of march 17 (26/04/2017). Except me.

My question is I've worked throughout FY 16-17, and up to 14th April 2017 in FY 17-18.

When I talked with my hr. He told that arrears of fy16-17 will not be paid to you and regular salary of march 17 and April 17 will be paid in final settlement which is under process.

Please suggest in view of legality. And if i'm eligible for incremental arrears of fy 16-17. Plz suggest me how to get my dues from company.

I served complete notice period as per my appointment letter

Madhu
9030409404

Anonymous

asked On 27 April 2017 at 10:25

Answer this query now

Incremental arrears

My last working day was 14-april-2017, in a private company in Andhra Pradesh.

Sanjib

asked On 25 April 2017 at 17:02

Answer this query now

Pay protection from state govt undertaking to cpsu

After 11 years of working experience in a Assam State PSU APL, I have applied for a post in BCPL CPSU (Through Proper Channel) after Selecting for the new post I submitted technical resignation for joining new CPSU. I have joined in BCPL October 2011. At that time of joining in BCPL, my previous company APL pay scale was not revised and it had been revised on July, 2013 w.e.f. April,2009.
After revision my Last Basic Pay in APCL becomes Rs 31,210/-(Revised Pay in Pay Band -Rs24,910/- +Grade Pay-Rs 6,300/-) whereas my Basic was in BCPL is Rs 24,900/- at the time of joining. My previous company APCL follow CDA pattern.
On August, 2013 I have applied for Pay Protection in BCPL, since BCPL already providing pay protection to employee joining from other CPSU/Central Govt.
Since then continuous follow up/request BCPL recently replied that my pay protection does not arise since overall salary (CTC) in BCPL more vis-a vis APL.
However as per my knowledge BCPL provided pay protection to other CPSU like HPCL/Central Govt Employee whose CTC is less than BCPL, in that considering only Basic and DA
i request the experts to give their valuable opinion for which i will be thankful to them.

With Regards
Sanjib Dutta

Narendra

asked On 07 April 2017 at 11:26

Answer this query now

Where I file a case against my lawyer and what remedies

Sir, I was a worker in private ltd.company since 2005 .Employers retranched me from job since 2009 after that I filed a case in district Labour court through trade union , in 2014 the court passed the award in favour of me and ordered respondent to give 50% of back wages which is about 5 lacks and reinstated wih continueity in service there after aggrieved respondent file a writ petition before H.C. single bench and bench dismissed on april 2014 hece aggrived from the order respondent file a special appeal in H.C.(D.B.), yesterday 6/4/2017 in its first hearing my advocate without even intimate or council me willingfully weakened the case in any reason and court passed the order to give me only 1.5 lakhs without continueity in service . In these circumstances what should I do against my lawyer and please also advise the substitute remedy in favour of my case . As from lower middle class family please help me I am very thankful to you , Regards Narendra

Jatin Shaw

asked On 22 March 2017 at 15:32

Answer this query now

Payment of salary and dues in the absence of appointment letter

Respected Experts,
I had joined this organisation which is based in New Delhi at their branch in Kolkata in May 2016. They had only given me the offer letter which I duly accepted and had joined but never was provided with an appointment letter and even after requesting many times they did not send the same.
The branch was just a godown and all the previous staff had quit but then even I continued and started working. My reporting boss was the CEO of the company based in Delhi.
The problem was that the salary credited to us by 20-25 of next month. Which continuously was delayed even after requesting them to pay the salary on time.
Later on I got to know this was in practice in the company and even my boss would not listen to me over email, phone or on personal visit and would always reply I will see.
Thus not been able to continue with the possibility of delayed salaries I quit in January 2017 on 6 th January.
After that I have been requesting them to clear my December month Salary and my travelling and conveyances expenses.
But they are avoiding as usual my emails and calls.
Please tell me how to recover my dues from them ?

iqbal Singh

asked On 22 February 2017 at 20:29

Answer this query now

Withdrawal of ma for condonation of delay

I erroneously filed an M.A. for Condonation of Delay along with OA before the CAT, Principal Bench, New Delhi. But now after perusal of the critical dates involved, I came to know that there was no need for the MA for Condonation of Delay. My OA is well within the Limitation. Can I file another M.A. craving leave of the Tribunal for withdrawal of my earlier MA for Condonation of Delay and treat my OA as well within the Limitation period….

kumarjainn

asked On 14 February 2017 at 23:39

Answer this query now

Judgement clarification

sir
I have posed this qs earlier also in the year 2011 now I am again coming with new question in this judgement in my case No. 4545/2000, Delhi High Court.
I was not considered for promotion in the year 1998 from the post of Sc.'C' to Sc. 'D' due to wrong implementation of the rules. I filed a case in CAT. Finally in the year 2011 i succeeded in High court and the judgement was delivered as below. However in the meantime I got promoted from Sc. 'C' to Sc'D' in the year 2001 and subsequently I got promotion as Sc. 'E' and Sc. 'F' . there is contradiction in para 8 and para 9 of the judgement. The last two para 8 and 9 of the judgement are given below:

Para 8.Since the petition filed by the petitioner succeed on this ground itself, it is not necessary to deal with the other contention rested on the retrospective operation of the said rule. Accordingly
W.P. (C) 4545/2000 Page 12 of 12
rule is made absolute. The impugned judgment dated 1st May, 2000 passed by the Central Administrative Tribunal is hereby set aside. The O.A. filed by the petitioner before the Tribunal is allowed. As a consequence, direction is issued to the respondent to reconsider the case of the petitioner by holding review DPC and if found suitable for promotion, the petitioner be accorded promotion to the post of scientist "D‟ with effect from the date his juniors were promoted on the basis of Internal Screening Committee which was held on 1st July, 1998.
Para 9. We are informed that the petitioner was subsequently given promotion to the post of scientist 'D‟ w.e.f. 1st July, 1998, he shall be given arrears on repromoted post from 1st July, 1998 to 30th July, 2001 and shall also be entitled to consequential benefits of seniority and promotion etc.
10. Since the respondents have not appeared, no order as to costs.
(A.K. SIKRI) JUDGE (M.L. MEHTA) JUDGE JULY 7,2011 skb

Note: there is a typing error in para 9 in place of (w.e.f. 1st July, 1998 it should be 1st July, 2001)
From the above it is clear that Paara 8 and 9 are contradicting. Paara 8 says that to consider my case for promotion in the year 1998 on the basis recommendation of the review DPC.
And para 9 says to as I am promoted in the year 2001 I should be given promotion w.e.f. 1998 with arrears and consequential benefit. That is Review DPC/assessment is not required.
The department implemented Para 8. I was directed to appear before the Review DPC for the year 1998. Then I received a letter intimating me that the review DPC did not find me fit for promotion in the year 1998. I was not given promotion from the year 1998 etc.
The department implemented the para 8 of the judgement no doubt. fine
But department has not implemented the Para 9 of the judgement according to which since i was promoted to the post of Scientist 'D' in the year 2001 I should have been given promotion from the year 1998 with arrears and consequential benefits.
This para does not ask for the views of review DPC. The result of 2001 has to be implemented with effect from 1998.
Thus Para 9 of the judgement has not been implemented. IS it a fit case for filing contempt of court or not. If yes,
can I file contempt for not implementing para 9 of the judgement now after a delay of five years. pl advice.

In fact department should have implemented para 9 of the judgment which is final para of the judgment. In case department department wishes to implement para 8 it should also implement para 9 of the judgment. my contention is Not implementing para 9 of the judgment is contempt of court.