Home > Experts > Others

Displaying Queries 600 - 610 of 691 in 70 pages

Filter Query : All | Only Resolved | Only Open

Anonymous

asked On 15 December 2010 at 15:18

Answer this query now

Misrepresentation by MAX New York Life Insurance

Hi, I am from Mumbai. I have taken a home loan from Citi bank. They told me that they would give me the loan with which i will also have to take a life insurance policy of equivalent amount. They bought a policy from MAX New York Life Insurance which was unit linked. I took that policy and also home loan. Policy was for 3 years, unit linked, after which i will get amount after 5 years. However, they had misrepresented me the policy terms, charges, maturity amount, etc. which i got to knew from their customer care. The agents who sold me the policy has already left the company. Then i had been in contact with someone from max who told me that i will have to pay premium for 3 years otherwise the amount which i had paid till now (1.5 years) will be kept with MAX and policy will lapse. I want suggestion as to what i need to do now. Do i stop paying my home loan and then tell bank to dispute with MAX orelse any other option. Please assist...

What should i do. Any suggestions ... Should i stop paying my EMI's and let bank put a case on me so that i can explain everything to judge or should i put case on MAX. Also i would like to know how to case on Max. Any lawyer who deals with these types of cases ?

Thanks.

Anonymous

asked On 15 December 2010 at 10:46

Answer this query now

Personal loan

Hi ,

My query is regarding Personal loan and cc. I have some loans pending in banks like icici and hdfc . i have not paid the loan and has no monies also to pay it . its pending since two years . I have loans on my wife's name and now her passport is expired . will there be any action on her passport reissuance . I don know whether we have any summons pending in any court or not . we are from bangalore and loans are from delhi and bangalore both. please let me know /

Anonymous

asked On 13 December 2010 at 16:45

Answer this query now

Facilities for the Advocate

Is the U.P.Govt.gives any type of Aid, grant or any type of help or facility to Advocate.?? Plz provide the breif detail.

ramesh

asked On 11 December 2010 at 14:49

Answer this query now

excisability of intermediate products

My friend is a manufacturer of Narrow woven fabric (CETH 5806) from Plastic granules/scrap. Narrow woven fabric is exempted under Central Excise Tariff. During the manufacture process, an intermediate product namely synthetic multi-filament yarn(CETH 5402) is obtained.We use this yarn wound on bobbin in the manufacture of narrow woven tape. He does not sell this yarn. This yarn is a complete product in itself except coning. This yarn is available in the market wound on paper cone (packing) .Without paper cone, yarn can not be sold. However this yarn has a life of few months and a complete product. Some of other units have sold this yarn in the market. If this yarn is to be sold in the market then, then a paper cone (packing) is to be used and if used captively then no paper cone is used instead a bobbin is used on needle looms to use yarn in the manufacture of narrow woven fabric.On narrow woven fabric and PP Multi filament yarn SSI exemption under Notf No 08/2003 dated 01.03.2003 is not applicable. My question is whether we will have to pay excise duty on synthetic filament yarn captive consumed without use of paper cone(packing material) captively used in the manufacture of narrow woven tape and we will have to seek excise registration. Please tell some relevant judgments/circulars. Please reply quickly as excise officers are pressing hard.
Thanks and regards ,
Harish

Nitesh Agarwal

asked On 10 December 2010 at 15:11

Answer this query now

Right Issue Exemption under Takeover Code REGULATIONS

Hi,

As we know that Allotment pursuant to an application made by the share holders for Right Issues is exempted under Regulation 3 of SEBI (SAST) Regulations, 1997.

My doubt is in case the company go for rights issue with a clause of renounciation and the person(nominee) who acquires such shares on renounciation rights, will that attract the takeover code ??

Nitesh Agarwal

Thyagarajan

asked On 06 December 2010 at 22:26

Answer this query now

court orders

Dear Members,
Can some of you advise the case number for the following as they are needed to cite in a case of mine

1. M/s.Scooter India Ltd. V/s. Mr.Pradeep Kumar, reported in 1986-2002 NC National consumer Commission
2.SC on Consumer Cases (Part IV) Page 6298
3. Supreme Court in the case of Jyotsna Shah v/s. Bombay Hospital reported in (1999) 4 SCC Page 325

R.Thyagarajan

Kishor Makwana

asked On 06 December 2010 at 16:07

Answer this query now

Losses caused by Managing Committee and lying to Court

Respected Sir,

When I was Secretary of a Housing Society at Nerul in 1995, the managing committee had slapped a case u/s 138 against a member who had misappropriated funds and Mr KS Subash, Chairman representing the case for years. When he had developed health complications due to diabetes and related heart ailments, He requested the Society to appoint someone else to take the case forward which was granted by the Society and the same was noted in the Committee minutes of July 2008 and a resolution was passed relieving him of his duties in the subsequent AGM and appointed 4 members to represent the case for Society. Hiding these facts, the Society kept on asking future dates at the Court for more than two years citing reason as he was not available to attend the case. When finally the Court reprimanded the Society, the Secretary thru Advocate lied to the Court that he refuse to attend the case. Recently the Secretary got a resolution passed at the AGM to withdraw the case and another resolution stating that the Managing Committee is not accountable for any of their actions. By not discharging the duties as a Secretary (Secretary for more than 3 years), the Society lost a sizeable amount of money. Is there any provision to recover the amount for dereliction of duty from the Managing Committee and whether we can initiate action for their lying to the Court for more than 2 years? The Committee is passing the blame on us. Please advice.

With warm regards,

Kishor Makwana

Satish Krishnaraj

asked On 06 December 2010 at 11:31

Answer this query now

Starting a C.B.S.E school

Hi,

We are a group of friends wanting to start a CBSE school in Bangalore, India. We have already procured a small piece of land for the same.

My questions are as follows:
1) I would like to understand all the licenses / permissions (from various agencies) that I need obtain to start the school.

2) I am looking for a blueprint for the agreements of various entities (trusts, MOU amongst friends, land regulations, etc.,) concerned and with all the parties involved.

Anonymous

asked On 05 December 2010 at 20:08

Answer this query now

Rules and regulations applicable with MSEDCL

Dear Experts,

Which is the particular "Act" applicable to Maharashtra State Electricity Distibution
Company Limited?

What is the "Rules and Regulations" for granting Electrity connection as prescribed under the Act?.

In which "provisions of law the Rules and Rules and Regulations" are prescribed for new Electrity Connections to various establishment?

Kindly provide the above information as this is urgently required.

Many thanks in advance.

sunil

asked On 04 December 2010 at 17:58

Answer this query now

Grace Marks in competitive exams.

sir is there any reported case, regarding ,to what extent grace marks can be awarded in a competitive exams.

sir also is there any reported case saying arbitrarily awarding grace marks to one subject & not awarding to other subjects in a competitive exam(like state PSC) violates Art. 14 & Art. 16(1) of constitution.