cancellation of a cheque

Sir recently, i have taken a vacation scheme from a company, i made an agreement with the company for an amount, out of which i issued a cheque for part of amount. the day after i issued my cheque, i came to know the company services are poor, let me if i can stop them realising my cheque, is there any way, if at all i do so what problems do i face

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert)

Give a notice and thereafter stop payment.

Probably by the time your notice reaches the company, the cheque would alreay have been encashed and debited to your account.

So, besides sending a notice, try making a recorded call to the company with the request to defer sending the cheque to the bank.

However, if you stop payment without proper notice to the drawee, it will not be a case of civil law, but would attract criminal proceedings against you, which the company can launch against you on dishonour of cheque.

Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert)

Dont worry, issue a letter the company canceling the agreement. The company can not initiate a cheque bounce case.

×