Home > Experts > Property Law > Stamp Duty paper genuineness

Stamp Duty paper genuineness (Property Law)

Posted On 24 June 2010 at 18:40

Who will validate/verify the genuineness of stamp paper used for registering properties?

Since eventhough we buy stamp papers from authorized dealers, its not 100% certain that stamp paper is not a fake one.

So my question is, will registration office has any mechanism/process in place to verify/validate stamp duty papers before registering the same?

Expert : Adv.Aiyer VLV

Posted On 25 June 2010 at 01:12

the question is out of time sir

pay stamp duty by DD and avoid stamp paper

you may check with registrar of stamps if you have stamps which are to be used

regards

Posted On 25 June 2010 at 16:39

OK.. Thanks for you response.. But my question is, in Registration office, whether there is any verification process to verify genuineness of Stamp paper before registering the same ?

If not, how and where would the fake stamp papers will be identified and caught?

Since in my case i have paid 8% of Guideline value charge by buying Stamp paper only, while registering a property, and now this question suddently arises in my mind, so your response is much appreciated..