Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Taxation > Special Duty Allowance

Please Wait ..

Special Duty Allowance (Taxation)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : M H Laskar

Posted On 10 August 2010 at 00:08

Dear Sir,
One my Client who is a Central Govt. Class-1 Employee from New Delhi working at North East Region from the F.Y. 2008-09, whose Special Duty Allowances for last 2 years were calculated as Taxable Income, which is Non-Taxable as per IT Rules. He has filed his personal Return as per Form No.16. But now he wants to claim the same for last 2 years.
So, kindly suggest me how to claim ? By filing Revised Return OR to claim in FY: 2010-11 ? What is the Rule ? As he will get Refund.
Kindly reply on Urgent Basis, so that I can suggest him in your reference/s.
Thankx & Regards,

M.H. Laskar


To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : sanjeev kumar goel

Posted On 15 August 2010 at 13:48

Mr. M. H. Laskar it is advisable to suggest your client to file revised returns for the financial years 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 (if for F.Y. 2009-2010 ITR has been filed )and claim refund

Expert : soumitra basu

Posted On 27 August 2010 at 19:00

Before filing revise return, you should make your self sure that the impugned allowance is exempt from payment of income tax.



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics