Home > Experts > Taxation > Special Duty Allowance

Special Duty Allowance (Taxation)

Author : M H Laskar

Posted On 10 August 2010 at 00:08

One my Client who is a Central Govt. Class-1 Employee from New Delhi working at North East Region from the F.Y. 2008-09, whose Special Duty Allowances for last 2 years were calculated as Taxable Income, which is Non-Taxable as per IT Rules. He has filed his personal Return as per Form No.16. But now he wants to claim the same for last 2 years.
So, kindly suggest me how to claim ? By filing Revised Return OR to claim in FY: 2010-11 ? What is the Rule ? As he will get Refund.
Kindly reply on Urgent Basis, so that I can suggest him in your reference/s.
Thankx & Regards,

M.H. Laskar
Guwahati

Expert : sanjeev kumar goel

Posted On 15 August 2010 at 13:48

Mr. M. H. Laskar it is advisable to suggest your client to file revised returns for the financial years 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 (if for F.Y. 2009-2010 ITR has been filed )and claim refund

Expert : soumitra basu

Posted On 27 August 2010 at 19:00

Before filing revise return, you should make your self sure that the impugned allowance is exempt from payment of income tax.