Home > Experts > Constitutional Law > Sc/st recruitment & relaxation reg.

Sc/st recruitment & relaxation reg. (Constitutional Law)

Author : Ram veer

Posted On 06 May 2012 at 16:15

Dear members,
I had applied for the post of Office Manager (Finance and Accounts) in Competition Commission of India (CCI), under the administrative control of Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India, against their advertisement dated 30/09/2011 to fill up various posts, including Office Manager (F&A) belonging to Support Staff Category, through direct recruitment (third round).
As per the advertisement, the selection process consisted of two parts – written test & interview. The whole selection process carried 100 marks, out of which 80 marks were for written test and remaining 20 marks were assigned for interview. A total of 55 marks out of 100 marks (written test plus interview) were qualifying standard for empanelment for unreserved category candidates, whereas a total of 50 marks were needed for candidates belonging to reserved category for empanelment.
To qualify the written test, minimum 45 marks were to be secured by unreserved category candidates, while minimum 40 marks were needed to be secured by candidates belonging to reserved categories. In other words, there was relaxation of five marks (5 marks) for SC/ST candidates in the written part. But there was no relaxation for SC/ST candidates who appeared in interview. The SC/ST candidates had to secure 50 marks (40 Marks in written + 10 Marks in interview) out of 100 marks for final selection and unreserved candidate had to secure 55 marks (45 Marks in written +10 Marks in interview) out of 100 marks for final selection for the post of Office Manager (F&A). It is, therefore, evident that there was no relaxation of marks to the SC/ST candidates who appeared for interview as irrespective of the category (SC/ST/OBC/UR), a candidate had to secure 10 marks in interview considering the above proposition.
The written test held on 22.01.2012 for the three (3) posts of Office Manager (F&A), including one (1) reserved for SC and One (1) reserved for ST (both are backlog).The result of the written test was declared by Competition Commission of India on 29.02.2012. I was declared successful in the written test and called for interview held on 23.03.2012. It is pertinent to mention here that I was the only candidate called for the interview against the post reserved for SC category candidates (backlog).
The final result was declared by the CCI on 01.05.2012 by which I was not finally selected against the post reserved for SC candidate (backlog), by not extending any relaxation in interview for SC/ST candidates. The post reserved for SC (backlog) candidate remained unfilled continuously for the third time.
I wanted to know whether the CCI recruitment process as per the constitution of India?
I shall be grateful to your goodself if you could give your valuable advice in this matter.

Ram veer

Expert : Shonee Kapoor

Posted On 07 May 2012 at 09:26

It may not be the same, please recheck the facts.

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Author : Ram veer

Posted On 07 May 2012 at 10:30

Respected sir,

If you could spare your valuable time, please see attached file, refere page no-2&3. waiting for your valuable opinion.

regards
ram veer

Author : Ram veer

Posted On 07 May 2012 at 20:17

Respected sir,

I shall be highly oblige, if you could take a glance of advertisement (refer page-2&3)which are enclosed for your ready reference and then give you esteemed opinion on this matter.

regards
ram veer