Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Property Law > Recitification deed with respect to measurement

Please Wait ..

Recitification deed with respect to measurement (Property Law)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : Anonymous

Posted On 27 February 2011 at 20:52

Hi Experts,

My friend's father had purchased a site vide GPA, agreement in 1995, were paying taxes since then & subsequently in 2002 got the Katha(Holders).
Later the executant expired in 1999, post which in 2006 a sale deed was executed by the original executants wife in fathers name.
Post which construction was done by availing a bank loan.
In 2009 my friends father expired and now due to financial crisis they intend to sell the property.
The concern is the measurement in Sale deed is wrongly captured less by 150 sq.ft

Query is :

1)Should a rectitification deed be done by the originals executant wife in favour of any nominee from my friends family? OR
2)Should a fresh sale deed be executed to the left out extent, i.e 150 sq.ft?
What would be the best deed in the above circumstances


To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : niranjan

Posted On 27 February 2011 at 22:14

Rectification deed can be executed in thename of all the heirs of purchaser.

Expert : Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh

Posted On 28 February 2011 at 10:17

the 2nd option.

Expert : Shashikant Patil

Posted On 28 February 2011 at 12:42

Since it is not only a question of executing rectification deed because as per area metioned in earlier sale deed you have already paid less stamp duty to the Govt. Now you want to buy additional 150 sq.ft area for which you have to pay stamp duty and therefore you have to execute a sale deed for this left over.

Expert : Uma parameswaran

Posted On 28 February 2011 at 22:25

Take Measurement of the property and make sure about the measurement.Only typographical errors can cured by rectification deed .



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics