Home > Experts > Labour & Service Law > PAY PROTECTION TO EX-SERVICEMEN

PAY PROTECTION TO EX-SERVICEMEN (Labour & Service Law)

Author : Parag Chatterjee

Posted On 18 March 2011 at 19:59

I retired from Indian Air Force on Oct 2005 after serving 21 year and presently drawing pension. On Dec 2009 I have joined ESIC as LDC. I was going through the Net and got one Govt of India Min of Personnel office memo No. 3/19/2009-Estt. (Pay II) dated 05th April 2010. It is revision of CCS rules 2008 regarding pay fixation of pay of retired defence forces personnel/officers re-employed in central govt civilian posts. As per revised para 4 (b) (i) and (ii) of CCS my initial basic pay on re-employment shall be fixed at the same stage as the last basic pay drawn before retirement. However, I shall be granted the grade pay of the re-employed post.
My question is that whether I am entitled for pay protection??? If yes please give me letter or paras of rules by quoting which I can satisfy my employer to get it.
Plz give your valued advice/opinion of the subject.

Expert : Kirti Kar Tripathi

Posted On 19 March 2011 at 18:54

yes, you are entitled.

Expert : M V Gupta

Posted On 20 March 2011 at 16:21

Generally the staff Rules of a public sector undertaking contain the provisions regarding pay fixation of ex-service men. Pl check the Rules of ESIC. The Rules generally follow the Central Govt policy in the matter.