Home > Experts > Labour & Service Law > Minimum Wages for Private Security

Minimum Wages for Private Security (Labour & Service Law)

Author : Mahesh

Posted On 29 July 2009 at 16:56

Dear All,

Wish to know that -
1) Whether any statute like Maharashtra Private Security Guards (Regulation of Employment and Welfare) Act, 1981 is there in Gujrat.

2)Does any seperate authority exists for regulation of the private security guards employment ?

3)What is the minimum wages applicable to Private Security Guards in Gujrat.

Thanks & regards,

Mahesh

Expert : Member (Account Deleted)

Posted On 30 July 2009 at 15:27

The Parliament has passed Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act, which came into force from 2006 (I think it is October, but, exact month I cannot remember). The Joint Secretary of the Home Department of the State Government is the controlling authority as per the Act.

As far as Minimum Wages are concerned, the above said Act, in its schedule says that the Minimum Wages Act is applicable to security guards and security suprevisors, whereby these people are entitled to minimum wages notified by the State Govt. from time to time. But in some cases, it has been seen that the State Government's notification extending the benefit of minimum wages to security personnel is demanded to provide this benefit. You check up with the labour deptt. of Gujarat Govt. whether they issued notification bring the security agencies as Scheduled Employment with respect to Miimum Wages Act and if they have not done so, ask them for the same and if they fail to do so, move the high court in writ proceedings.

Expert : Arihant AC

Posted On 31 July 2009 at 11:16

Dear Mahesh,
The Gujarat Govenment has passed in his gazette minimum wages of security wide Letter No. KHR-2006-82-MWA-1090-1096-M(2) dated 26.04.2006 it is as per given below.

Classification of Class

Manager,Security Officer,Gun Man = Class 1
Clerk,Accountant,H. Watchman = Class 2
Office Boy, Peon, Watchman = Class 3

Zone I Basic + D.A. = Total
Class 1 98.00 + 29.00 = 127.00
Class 2 96.00 + 29.00 = 125.00
Class 3 94.00 + 29.00 = 123.00

Zone II Basic + D.A. = Total
Class 1 97.00 + 29.00 = 126.00
Class 2 95.00 + 29.00 = 124.00
Class 3 93.00 + 29.00 = 122.00

The above rates is valid from 01.04.2009 to 30.09.2009 only.