Conversion of Agricultural land to an Industrial Land

This query is : Resolved 

27 March 2010

Dear Friends,

I would like to know the formalities of converting an agricultural land to an industrial land in Tamilnadu. It would be really helpful if you can guide me step by step.

Thanks in Advance.

niranjan (Expert)
27 March 2010

Assuming the land laws are similar I would say that you have to apply to the competent revenue authority who have power to convert the use of land from non-agri.use.Pl.refer Land Revenue Code of your State.

B K Raghavendra Rao (Expert)
27 March 2010

Deputy Commissioner i.e the administrative head of the District is the competent person to grant conversion of agricultural land for the purpose of non-agricultural use i.e for residential purposes or industrial purposes.

You have to make an application to DC along with copies of the prescribed documents like RTC, khatha, mutation extract, sale deed for having purchased the land or partition deed for having obtained the same by inheritance, latest tax paid receipt etc. and explain the purpose of conversion.

If the area where you are apply for conversion is not prohibited for industrial usage, then your application would be scrutinised and placed before a committee consisting of representatives of various departments called SINGLE WINDOW AGENCY.

If the SINGLE WINDOW AGENCY, if there is one, or the DC approves conversion, you need to pay conversion fine for the area of your land sought for conversion prescribed by law.

This is the procedure followed in Karnataka and may be the same in Tamil Nadu also. Visit DC's office and contact concerned case worker, he would detail you the procedure prevalent in your state.

02 April 2010

Raghav Sir is right

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu