Home > Experts > Property Law > Conversion of Agricultural land to an Industrial Land

Conversion of Agricultural land to an Industrial Land (Property Law)

Author : Christ

Posted On 27 March 2010 at 13:22

Dear Friends,

I would like to know the formalities of converting an agricultural land to an industrial land in Tamilnadu. It would be really helpful if you can guide me step by step.

Thanks in Advance.

Expert : niranjan

Posted On 27 March 2010 at 15:21

Assuming the land laws are similar I would say that you have to apply to the competent revenue authority who have power to convert the use of land from agr.to non-agri.use.Pl.refer Land Revenue Code of your State.

Expert : B K Raghavendra Rao

Posted On 27 March 2010 at 16:59

Deputy Commissioner i.e the administrative head of the District is the competent person to grant conversion of agricultural land for the purpose of non-agricultural use i.e for residential purposes or industrial purposes.

You have to make an application to DC along with copies of the prescribed documents like RTC, khatha, mutation extract, sale deed for having purchased the land or partition deed for having obtained the same by inheritance, latest tax paid receipt etc. and explain the purpose of conversion.

If the area where you are apply for conversion is not prohibited for industrial usage, then your application would be scrutinised and placed before a committee consisting of representatives of various departments called SINGLE WINDOW AGENCY.

If the SINGLE WINDOW AGENCY, if there is one, or the DC approves conversion, you need to pay conversion fine for the area of your land sought for conversion prescribed by law.

This is the procedure followed in Karnataka and may be the same in Tamil Nadu also. Visit DC's office and contact concerned case worker, he would detail you the procedure prevalent in your state.

Expert : G.Aravinthan

Posted On 02 April 2010 at 07:45

Raghav Sir is right