Posted by SONU KUMAR SHAW
I am going to sale a Bastu Plot which I purchased on 10/12/2010 for Rs. 3,00,000/-. Sale agreement will be executed in the month of May 2017. Sale price is Rs. 16,00,000/-. I do not have any ohter income. Kindly help me to calculate capital gain tax as per latest budget and more imporatntaly also guide me to save tax as much as possible.
Summary is as under.
1. Purchase price of Plot- Rs. 3,00,000/-
2. Purchase date -December, 2010
3. Sale price of plot - Rs.16,00,000/-
4. Sale date - May, 2017
5. My present income shown in IT file - NIL
6. Stamp Duty paid - Rs. 28,600/-
7. Brokerage paid to local agent - Rs. 45,000/- in cash at the time of purchase of plot i.e. in December, 2010. (of which I have no documentary proof)
8. Land filling cost incurred - Rs. 1,35,000/- during 2010-2011 ( of which I do not have documentary proof)
9. Estemated Stamp duty will be paid by me on sale in the year 2017 - Rs. 1,13,000/-
10. Brokerage to be paid by me to local land broker at the time of sale - Rs. 1,30,000/- (of which I have documentary proof).
Kindly guide me to save the capital gain tax.
Read Expert Opinion